All You Need to Know About Monash College
As the name suggests, Monash College is intrinsically tied to Monash University in many ways since it is owned by the uni. So, get ready for the word “Monash” be thrown around a lot.
Established in 1994 by Monash University, Monash College is the pathway to the main university for international students. Over the last few decades, Monash College has become known as the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students due to its quality foundation programs and English language courses, diplomas, study abroad, and professional experience programs.
Why Study at Monash College?
For international students, Monash College is the preferred pathway to get into Monash University – which is one of Australia’s largest universities. That alone is an attractive prospect, but the number of programs and courses available at Monash College isn’t anything to scoff at either.
Monash College has a wide-ranging diploma program that guarantees students into a related second year undergraduate degree at Monash University. The diploma programs on offer include:
- Art, Design and Architecture
Those interested in studying law, medicine, nursing, health sciences, or pharmacy will need to take on a foundation year program, which will develop students’ academic and English skills in preparation for their first year at Monash University.
Now since Monash College is a pathway to Monash University, it isn’t anywhere near as large as your usual uni, consisting of one main campus is located in the Melbourne CBD.
Having said that, Monash College has a small but thriving social scene for its students. There are a number of student social and sports clubs, a recreation program for students to get involved in, and a volunteering program to provide students with life experience.
Monash College may not be the largest institution but it punches above its weight in terms of its courses and offerings.
Which Urbanest Property Should I Stay at For Monash College?
For those keen to study at Monash College, you’re in luck in terms of accommodation because we have 3 buildings in Melbourne: Carlton, Melbourne Central, and Swanston.
Students staying at any of these properties will get a wealth of features, including a friendly team who will always look out for you and our fantastic residential social program, uLife. There’s also an abundance of top-of-the-line amenities for Urbanest residents to enjoy at both properties, such as a gym, games room, BBQ areas, and secure bike storage.
Here’s the commute from each of our Urbanest buildings in Melbourne to Monash College:
- Urbanest Carlton – 1.4km away
- Public transport – Walk about 180m to the tram station on Elizabeth St, catch the 19 or 59 tram to Bourke Street Mall, and walk the last 400m. Takes about 15 minutes.
- Walking – Takes about 18 minutes
- Urbanest Melbourne Central – 750m away
- Public transport – Walk 350m to Melbourne Central Station, catch the 1, 5, 6, 67, or 72 tram to Bourke Street Mall, and walk the last 130m. Takes about 10 minutes.
- Walking – Takes about 10 minutes.
- Urbanest Swanston Street – 1km away
- Public transport – Walk 170m to the Swanston St tram stop, catch the 3, 5, 6, 64, or 72 tram to Bourke Street Mall, talk the last 130m. Takes about 12 minutes.
- Walking – Takes about 13 minutes.