The legal stuff
Website terms and conditions
- House Rules, Fees and Charges
1. The materials displayed on this website, including without limitation all editorial materials, information, photographs, illustrations, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trade marks, are the property of urbanest and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws. Any such content may be displayed and printed solely for non-commercial, personal use within your organisation only. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, broadcast, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish or circulate any such material to any third party without the express prior written consent of urbanest.
Save for the above, urbanest does not grant any licence or right in, or assign all or part of, its intellectual property rights in the content or applications incorporated into the website or in the user interface of the website.
2. You must not attempt to change, deface, remove, add to, hack or otherwise interfere with this website or any material or content displayed on this website.
3. You acknowledge and accept that the information contained on this website (the website information) may include technical inaccuracies. You acknowledge and accept that the website information is subject to change at any time and may not necessarily be up to date or accurate at the time you view it. You should enquire with us directly to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material you seek to rely upon.
4. This website and the materials displayed on it may not be accessible from time to time due to act of God or other force major events, including shortage of equipment facilities, power or telecommunications, lack of telecommunications equipment or facilities and failure of information technology or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
5. To the extent permitted by law urbanest disclaims all warranties with regard to the information and applications contained on the website and your use of the website, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall urbanest , its contractors, agents, or employees be liable for any damages whatsoever (including special, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website whether in contract, at common law or in equity, or on any other basis. These Terms and Conditions do not exclude warranties or conditions which urbanest cannot, by law, exclude. These Terms and Conditions do not exclude any liability which any law requires urbanest to accept. If urbanest becomes liable for any breach of any such condition or warranty, urbanest’s liability shall be limited at its option, to any one or more of the following:
(a) in the case of goods, to anyone it determines of the following: replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; repair of the goods; payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
(b) in the case of services, to either supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
6. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the State of Queensland, Australia. In the event that a dispute arises from these terms and Conditions, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia.
Urbanest Pty Limited ACN 128 382 310 (urbanest) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles.
The urbanest Group (referred to in this policy as we, us, our) provides quality rental accommodation for students. To provide products and services to you, we need to collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This policy describes in general terms how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information, and your rights of access to the personal information we hold about you.
The kinds of personal information we collect
We only collect and hold personal information that is necessary for our business functions. We will always use fair and lawful means of collecting your personal information.
The types of personal information we collect about you, and our use of that information, depends on your dealings with us. Generally, this personal information will include your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, nationality/country of origin, emergency contact details, and details of the products and services that you may be interested in. We also may require the name of the institution you are studying at and the duration of the course that you are studying. We may also collect health information about you, with your consent.
Purposes for which we collect, use and disclosure personal information
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, for related purposes that you would reasonably expect, and for other purposes required or authorised by law.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing you with student accommodation and other products and services
- providing you with marketing and promotional information about us, including special offers, which we consider may be of interest to you
- conducting marketing and other promotional activities
- disclosing your personal information between members of the urbanest Group
- obtaining your feedback on our products and services
- disclosing certain aspects of your personal information (including your booking status) to your educational institution for the educational institution’s internal records purposes
- disclosure to third parties (such as our agents, contractors and suppliers) for the above purposes.
- You consent to receiving information by post and consent to receiving digital communications including e-mail and SMS. You can opt-out of marketing and promotional communications at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer (email@example.com) or by using the opt-out mechanism provided in each communication.
Apart from the above, we will only use and disclose your personal information for other purposes with your consent.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information to ensure it is protected from loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, interference or modification. We safeguard your personal information through physical, electronic and other procedural protection. Information is destroyed or permanently de-identified when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it was collected, or no longer required by law to be retained.
Please note we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of any personal information provided via our website at www.urbanest.com.au, during transmission.
Access and accuracy of your personal information
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by making a request to our Privacy Officer. Generally, we will provide you with access except in limited circumstances where we are permitted by law to refuse access. We may charge a fee for providing access, which will not exceed our reasonable expenses incurred in responding to your request, including photocopying and administrative expenses.
If you believe any of your personal information in our records is not accurate, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Overseas transfer of your personal information
Generally, we will not transfer your personal information overseas, except upon your request, or if we are authorised to do so by law. We may, however, disclose your personal information to other members of the urbanest Group which are located outside of Australia, including (without limitation) in the UK, China and the United Arab Emirates.
Questions, comments or complaints?
If you have any questions or comments about privacy, or if you believe we have breached our obligations under the Privacy Act (including the Australian Privacy Principles), please contact our Privacy Officer. We will provide you with further information, or in the case of a complaint, investigate your complaint and provide you with a response.
We endeavour to provide you with a response as quickly as possible (which generally, will be within 14 days of receiving your complaint).
The urbanest website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the use and protection of your personal information on those websites.
c/o- urbanest Pty Limited
Address: Level 22, 68 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
Telephone on +61 2 9229 1800
Facsimile: +61 2 9229 1801
Virtual Tour and Photography
Images are representative only. Grounds and building external finishes may vary in the finished product. Internal images of apartments, rooms and communal areas may include decorative and other items that are not part of the overall specification for furnishings.
While urbanest will attempt to accommodate all room selections and preferences, we cannot guarantee an offer on any room. Rooms may be allocated subject to availability.
These Rules are a supplement to the Rooming Accommodation Agreement which you will sign before staying at urbanest. They provide information about our standards and procedures for you and your neighbours.
Click here to view the House Rules.
FEES AND CHARGES SCHEDULE
We understand that accidents happen but intentional damage to urbanest property will result in a charge. If anything in your apartment is damaged and no one takes responsibility, a charge will be made equally to all residents in your apartment. However you have sole responsibility for the upkeep of your room.
Click here to view the Fees and Charges Schedule.
For insurance questions or claims, please contact your property manager directly.
Cancellation of a booking prior to lease commencing:
A customer can cancel an agreement without penalty provided a written notice has been provided at least 30 calendar days prior to the agreement start date.
If cancellation is requested less than 30 days before the agreement start date the customer will be responsible for rent until a replacement tenant has been found. A customer bond may be retained partially or in full to cover rent payments until their tenancy has been taken over.
Cancellation of a booking during lease:
Urbanest reserves the right to recover reasonable costs for agreement cancellation and early termination from advanced rent or bond payments (included but not limited to cleaning, advertising, administration costs and loss of rent) until the room is relet.
urbanest uGuarantee provides peace of mind and no financial hardship to students via the refund of any upfront deposit paid to urbanest if a student fails to secure a visa or a university admissions placement for study within Australia.
Click here to see our full uGuarantee policy.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS