To help protect yourself and others, everyone must practice good hygiene.
How is everyone holding up? We know a lot of people are feeling overwhelmed and stressed out with the current health pandemic affecting the world. So, now it’s more important than ever that each and everyone of us practice good hygiene habits to keep healthy!
Firstly, this might not be a hygiene habit per se BUT you need to remain informed, you can keep up-to-date with the daily Australian government alerts here.
Secondly, it is important to practice good hygiene, follow our go-to tips below.
Our top hygiene habits to help keep you healthy:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- Dispose of tissues properly into a bin straight away
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- Clean and disinfecting surfaces, including doors, handles, desktops and kitchen benches
- DO NOT gather in groups of more than 2 people
- Stay 1.5 metres away from others
- Frequently clean and sanitise personal items such as mobiles, keys, wallets and laptops
- If you are sick, avoid contact with others and self-isolate
Simple steps can make a big difference…
Remember to remain aware of your health and the health of those around you. Check-in with your room-mates and fellow Urbanesters – remember we’re all in this together.
If you are concerned about your health, remain in your room, contact reception and/or call the National Coronavirus hotline on 1800 020 080. If you need to see a doctor, call ahead and make an appointment, follow the advice of the General Practitioner and your Urbanest Reception Team.
Everyone must practise good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading.